Saturday, September 5, 2009

This Is Why I'm a Teacher

So the start of back to school was a little rough for me. I was feeling very apprehensive about all the work facing me this year; I am now the upper grade science lead and with this position I have also earned a spot on the SIP team and a science intern, I am also helping with Girls on the Run, taking the lower DRA class, having a new teacher observe in my classroom and participating in TESA. Needless to say I'm a little stressed with all the meetings and requirements headed my way (not including regular school stuff). I started to wonder why I was doing all of this. Well I got my answer on Friday during open house......that's when I got to meet my upcoming students. I had so much fun meeting them and getting to learn little bits about them already. I cannot wait to get started. I could not have asked for this reminder at a better time. I'm still worried about how I'm going to get it all done, but the students helped me remember why it's worth it.

No comments: