Monday, January 14, 2008

Crack is Wack!

For those of you who don't know me, I tend to be an overly self-conscious person. One of my biggest fears at work is wearing inappropriate attire, specifically attire that reveals the front and back cracks (if you need to, now is the time to take a minute to reflect on this subject).

Another fashion faux pas at work is showing your underwear. Some argue that "At least we know she/he is wearing some," but I don't feel the same way. I would rather not have the answer put in my face. In fact, I would like to not think about it at all.


You know you've seen other people fall victim to this outfit disaster, but have you ever told them? Is it your place to tell them? How would you bring this issue about? How often do you worry about this issue? Have you ever considered it before today? (Most of these ?s are rhetorical, but feel free to respond)

In most cases the criminal has no clue that they are committing a fashion crime, but I'm not comfortable saying anything. I can understand the cause for such cases. You try on a cute pair of pants: "they fit well, look great, decent price, I'll take 'em!" Or you try on a cute top: "feels good, looks good, little low but know one will no." But when you were trying them on did you squat down on the floor, or bend over to talk to someone like you would while working? I do, but sometimes the pants/shirt are/is too cute to pass up. So, I make sure that I wear longer shirts, and a belt. Then, I tuck my long shirt under my belt whenever I sit on the ground. I'm sure this doesn't look that good, but at least I don't have to worry about what I'm showing. For tops, I refuse to wear most low collar or v-neck shirts, unless I have another shirt on underneath. This limits me from many cute outfits hanging in my closet, but again, I don't have to worry about what I'm showing.

Also, it is important for us to set good examples for the students, not just in our behaviors, but are attire as well.

Basically the next time you go shopping or get dressed for work remember to: Just say NO to crack!


3 comments:

Unlimited said...

Yes, I totally just stood up and did the bend over test in my current outfit. I am safe. Atleast my mirror tells me so. :) Good subject.

Jenny said...

It's amazing to me how often this is a problem! It drives me crazy anywhere but is especially frustrating in an elementary school.

Unknown said...

should i throw my tube top away? ha! jk